Throughout the past few years I’ve noticed that the cerebellar hypoplasia cat community has grown significantly! What once seemed like a dark forest you had to navigate on your own, is now a wide-open field filled with folks who love CH kitties too! But if you’re just starting out, it may still seem like a dark forest. So here’s some help.
Here are some of the sites, communities, and stories that I have found particularly wonderful. If you know of others, please feel free to contact me and I’d love to take a look!
- The CH Kitty Club Yahoo Group: This is really the best resource out there. Here you’ll find dozens (if not hundreds) of cerebellar hypoplasia-loving folks who share their stories and tips. Once you log in, go to the area named “Messages” to connect.
- Facebook: Cerebellar Hypoplasia Cats & Kittens Group
- Facebook: Special Needs In Need (a page dedicated to adoptable pets)
- Facebook: Martha’s CH Page
- Facebook: Cerebellar Hypoplasia Cats UK
- CH Kitties Livejournal Community: If you’re on LJ, it’s a great place to share your story and connect with others.
- CH Kitty Club: This is the website home of the above Yahoo Group.
- The Story of JillyBean: This photo blog documents JillyBean’s adoption and progress during her first few years.
- Wobbles the Lighthouse Kitty: A great site with information about CH, special needs pets and, of course, lighthouses.
- Mar Vista Animal Medical Center’s page on cerebellar hypoplasia
- Messy Beast’s CH cat resource page
- MustLoveCats: Another great blog about cats and cat lovers